What's the benefit of creating a biblio instead of uploading the paper file and link to it?
When you create a biblio item, you enter the name of authors, publisher, keywords, publishing date, etc. These information enable
- to search based on this topic: list papers and books of an author, list conference papers which is published on a field (based on a keyword).
- to get a bibtex, RIS, EndNote bibliography files which enables you to manage references in paper writing process
- to write a review based on the biblio page
- to see relevant contents (based on the keywords) when he is viewing the biblio page.
- to see reports based on the paper files each user uploaded
- to protect the paper files from guest/anonymous user who should not be able to download the book/paper file
- to protect the paper files from search engines to index it!